Welcome to STARS – "STudent Athlete Registration System"!
Welcome to the BC School Sports Student Athlete Registration System (STARS). The system allows member schools to register their teams and coaches while monitoring the eligibility of the student-athletes at the school. A school will not be able to gain access to STARS until your school principal has completed the opt-in process which confirms the schools membership for the 2022 -23 school year.
SCHOOL PRINICPALS: OPT–IN INSTRUCTIONS
Welcome to the 2022 & 2023 school year! Becoming a member of BCSS allows the students attending your school to participate in educational athletics against other member schools across the province as well as provides your Athletic Director (AD) membership to the Canadian Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (CIAAA) which provides certification and resources to help make the AD job easier!
Please note, your AD will not be able to register students and teams in the system until you have completed the opt-in. The opt-in must be completed by the school principal and should only take 3-4 minutes.
BCSS has created a profile for you, however you are required to activate it to complete the membership opt in. You can do so by completing the following steps
- - Request a new password for your account by clicking the “Request new password tab” at the top of this page.
- - Your profile email will be your school email that you received the original email from BCSS.
- - The request will prompt an email to be sent to you with a one-time link to set your password, once you click on the link you will then be asked to enter and confirm your new password.
- - Once the password has been created you have successfully activated your user profile; you’re now ready to complete the opt-in.
- - At the top of the page in STARS, click on the “tools” tab in the blue bar, which will direct you to the opt-in page.
- - Complete the required questions and hit the blue submit button to complete the opt-in for your school.
ATHLETIC DIRECTORS: STARS BASICS
Members schools are responsible to ensure that all student athletes in Grades 8-12 participating in any activity recognized by BC School Sports are entered in the system. We strongly recommend using the Bulk Import Tool to save data entry, and ensure correct records are created for students. Note that you only need to enter students who do not have a STARS profile already.
Important: once students are created and saved into the system they are reviewed and approved by BCSS before they can be added to team rosters. The review process of new students will take up to two business days, you will receive an email once your students have been reviewed and it is important you then remember to add them to the appropriate roster(s). We recommend adding students early in the season of play to ensure deadlines do not interfere with your ability to enter students. Students are not eligible to play unless they are properly registered on the STARS team roster.
Lastly, the BCSS staff is here to help you! If you have questions, or are having trouble with the system, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the office staff who can help troubleshoot or provide guidance.
- - Print a copy of your roster after any student additions are made.
- - The move up form is under the tools tab.
- - After the Roster Registration Deadline (Team & Minimum Numbers) if you need to remove any students who are no longer participating be sure to add the new students first before deletion of the non-participating students to avoid going below minimum numbers.
- - Print PDF rosters for coaches to bring to all games.
- - If you click on the student button you will see an alphabetical list (by last name) of all students that have been entered in your school.